Focus and Scope
Tellus A: Dynamic Meteorology and Oceanography is an open access journal focusing on all aspects of atmospheric dynamics and numerical weather prediction related to Earth science processes.
Tellus A, along with its sister journal Tellus B: Chemical and Physical Meteorology, are international, peer-reviewed journals of the International Meteorological Institute in Stockholm, an independent non-for-profit body integrated into the Department of Meteorology at the Faculty of Sciences of Stockholm University, Sweden. The two journals serve an international community of researchers, policy makers, managers, media and the general public. Together they promote the exchange of knowledge about meteorology from across a range of scientific sub-disciplines.
Topics covered in Tellus A include:
dynamic meteorology; physical oceanography; data assimilation techniques; numerical weather prediction; climate dynamics and climate modelling and observation.
Types of paper accepted include original research papers, review articles, brief research notes, Letters to the Editor, and special issues and conference proceeding.
All articles are made freely and permanently available online through gold open access publication.
The journal is published online as a continuous volume and issue throughout the year. Articles are made available as soon as they are ready to ensure that there are no unnecessary delays in getting content publically available.
Special collections of articles are welcomed and will be published as part of the normal issue, but also within a separate collection page.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. There is no embargo on the journal’s publications. Submission and acceptance dates, along with publication dates, are made available on the PDF format for each paper.
Authors of articles published remain the copyright holders and grant third parties the right to use, reproduce, and share the article according to the Creative Commons license agreement.
Authors are encouraged to publish their data in recommended repositories. For a list of generic and subject specific repositories that meet our peer review criteria, see here.
The Journal’s publisher, Stockholm University Press, focuses on making content discoverable and accessible through indexing services. Content is also archived around the world to ensure long-term availability.
Stockholm University Press journals are indexed by the following services:
Tellus Series A – Dynamic Meteorology and Oceanography is indexed/tracked/covered by:
- Academic Search (EBSCO)
- Academic Search Premier (EBSCO)
- AgBiotechNet (CABI)
- Animal Breeding Abstracts (CABI)
- Animal Production Database (CABI)
- ASFA: Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts
- Biocontrol News and Information (CABI)
- Biological Abstracts
- Botanical Pesticides (CABI)
- BIOSIS Previews (Clarivate Analytics)
- CAB Abstracts (CABI)
- CABDirect (CABI)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (CSA/CIG)
- CSA Civil Engineering Abstracts (CSA/CIG)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (CSA/CIG)
- CSA Mechanical & Transportation Engineering Abstracts (CSA/CIG)
- Current Contents - Physical, Chemical & Earth Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Current Index to Statistics (ASA/IMS)
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Engineering Materials Abstracts (CSA/CIG)
- Environmental Issues & Policy Index (EBSCO)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Horticultural Science (CABI)
- Horticultural Science Abstracts (CABI)
- Google Scholar
- Irrigation and Drainage Abstracts (CABI)
- Leisure, Recreation and Tourism Abstracts (CABI)
- Maize Abstracts (CABI)
- Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts (CSA/CIG)
- Nematological Abstracts (CABI)
- Nutrition Abstracts and Review Series A: Human and Experimental (CABI)
- Oceanic Abstracts (CSA/CIG)
- Protozoological Abstracts (CABI)
- Review of Agricultural Entomology (CABI)
- Review of Aromatic and Medicinal Plants (CABI)
- SciTech Premium Collection
- Science Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier) World Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)
The 2016 Impact Factor as announced by Clarivate Analytics is 2.854, and the five-year Impact Factor is 3.686. The Journal is ranked 27/85 (Q2) of titles in Meteorology & Atmospheric Sciences.
If the Journal is not indexed by your preferred service, please let us know by going to the Ubiquity Support page or alternatively by making an indexing request directly with the service.
Tellus is a scientific journal started 1948 by Professor Rossby and published by Blackwell Publishing for the International Meteorological Institute in Stockholm, Sweden until December 2011. 1982 it was split into two Tellus A: Dynamic Meteorology and Ocenaography and Tellus B: Chemical and Physical Meteorology. From January 2012 the issues were published online by Co-action Publishing as an open access journal. 2015 Taylor and Francis took over the publishing of both Tellus A and B with the in-corporation of Co-Action. From 2022 Tellus A journal is published by Stockholm University Press and publish original articles, short contributions, and correspondence on dynamic meteorology, physical oceanography, data assimilation techniques, numerical weather prediction, climate dynamics and climate modelling and observations.